Friday, November 9, 2012

AHS Season 2 Episode 4: I am Anne Frank Part 1 Quotes


Plotting Lana's escape. ©FX
I think out of all of he episodes of American Horror Story, I was most anxious to see this one after reading the title in a spoilers post. As a young girl in the 60's and 70's I fell in love with the book, The Diary of Anne Frank and could see her world through those pages. I am grateful to Ryan Murphy for showing me a little about the adult culture of the times and for respecting Anne's story while bringing us into the part of his Briarcliff tale that involved her. Here are some of the quotes I thought to be most important:

"You were there... In Auschwitz! Nazi murder! Your Nazi schwein! Murder! Nazi schwein! Don't you remember me doctor? I am Anne! Anne Frank!"- Anne Frank to Dr. Arden
 "Yeah, he smacked me around, shot me up with x-rays. Looking for that... that thing he found in my neck." Kit telling Grace with Dr. Arther Arden did to him.

"I find myself in a bit of an ethical dilemma, Kit. If I deem you sane, you almost certainly go to the electric chair. But if I judge unfit to stand trial, you'll be allowed to live out the rest of your days here." Dr. Thredson to Kit Walker

"What am I? Crazy or sane? Am I a killer?" Kit Walker

"They are on to your Arther. If you have any housekeeping to take care of, I suggest you do it now." Monsignor Timothy

"The men of our church. Your Monsignor Timothy, even the holy father himself. By their very nature they react out of fear when confront with tough questions. It's their instinct to protect themselves. Cover their mistakes." Mother Superior to Sister Jude

"What do you want? Do you want to hear me say I'm sorry for what I've done? I'm not sorry." Grace to Kit

"I want to talk to you. I haven't been able to sleep since you left my office. I'm so sorry, Lana. I wish I had been a real help. I'm not an aversion therapy advocate, but I thought it made sense in the moment. I only wish I had spared you." - Dr. Thredson to Lana Winters


No comments:

Post a Comment